What Inspires Me?

Recently I was reading an article in Somerset Studio's Art Journaling magazine about what inspires us to create. I am often inspired by the things around me; nature, family, music (as per my last post) and the creativity of others.
I sat down this week with that question of "what inspires me?" on my mind and came to the conclusion that I am often inspired by what I, myself, have created. A piece of artwork that is created without much forethought or planning, just a freeflow of ideas, and at the end of the process inspires me to create more pieces with like colors, concepts or ideas.
So at the end of this thoughtful journey, this is what I created


This is a 24"x12" canvas that has been collaged, painted and stenciled with a metalic acrylic paint and modeling paste for texture.I added chipboard hearts that were inked and Tim Holtz grungeboard stars that were also inked. I printed the words onto scrapbook paper, cut them out and outlined them using a black sharpie. I also added some self adhesive rhinestones on the tips of the swirls for a little bling factor


And the previous work that inspired it......

 
This picture I raffled off in a giveaway on Facebook.
There are other canvases in this collection that I will add pictures of later.
So this week I was inspired by what I create....what about you?
 
 
                                                                                                             


Comments